Tuesday, January 21, 2014

About me...


13 things you may or may not know about me
1.     My name is Jennifer – I prefer Jen
2.     My birthday is in May and right now I’m 31
3.     I live in Colorado
4.     I teach high school students with significant support needs (read as Special Ed) I love what I do, my students are amazing
5.     Running saved me from depression this past summer when I lost my mom and then my Aunt 3 days later (reasons were unrelated)
6.     In August I was hit by a car in the gym parking lot (the driver drove off) and I was not allowed to work for 10 days or workout intensely for 6 weeks – nearly broke me!
7.     I had a major accident 7 years ago and I am lucky to be alive (I fell 30 ft while rock climbing – yes I was roped up but I was lead climbing, no I was not wearing a helmet…Yes I climbed again after that, no, I do not climb any longer)
8.     I have an amazing family who, for the most part, live within 30 minutes of me
9.     I also have the most supportive boyfriend (and his family too!) a girl could ask for…He’s my biggest cheerleader and reality check all in the same package J (and his dad runs races with me!)
10. I am the person that wants to encourage everyone I pass especially in a race (i.e. come on, you can do it…run with me…you got this….etc)– I don’t do it out loud though because I don’t want them to hate me….
11. I never thought I would like running – but then I tried it…. and I love the days that my body proves my brain wrong!
12. I’m definitely the person that likes to prove people wrong…you think I can’t well - I can and I will do it – watch me! J
. I’m little – not super short just little. I’ve accepted it, but there are still days that the “you look too skinny” or “are you sure you’re being healthy?” comments really get to me…I don’t eat clean or run or workout to lose weight, I do it to stay healthy. I’m very conscious of my weight and there are times I have to work hard to stay at a healthy 103 lbs and not drop lower or pick up empty calories just to make the comments stop. 

No comments:

Post a Comment